Tuesday, January 26, 2010

23/365: Sit, sit, sit, sit

Day 23: January 23, 2010


It was a rainy day outside. Little Bitty pulled one of the kitchen chairs over to the window, sat down looking out, and started talking (mostly to himself). I heard "da sun iss wainee, sit sit sit sit" and realized he was re-enacting the scene from "The Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Seuss, where the kids are sitting looking out the window at the rainy day and feeling bored.



The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.

I sat there with Sally.
We sat there, we two.
And I said, "How I wish
We had something to do!"

Too wet to go out
And too cold to play ball.
So we sat in the house.
We did nothing at all.

So all we could do was to
Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit!
And we did not like it.
Not one little bit.

~Excerpt from "The Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I love it! We're big Cat in the Hat fans here!!